• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adesperatemom

What is the name of your state? California

I recorded my husband threating and admitting to hitting my child and I. I know now in california you can only record conversations with both party's consent and was planning on using this if he ever tried to take my child away from me but if I do then i'll probably be charged for something for doing this. I was wondering if there was an exception for this if it was proof of abuse and proof that he's an unfit father?....Does anybody know?...please help...

CdwJava

Even though you probably wouldn't be charged with the crime, no court could likely use the recording in any evaluation of circumstances. Speak to an attorney as there might be SOME way to allow it in ... but the chances are very slim.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">