• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recording without permission, etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faroukii

What is the name of your state?Florida
We live in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area.
My sister in law and brother in law are having an affair. They used recording devices, and spying devices to record us without our knowledge and permission. They are using these recordings to show other people "how bad we are," etc. We can also prove that my sister in law lied about many things she said to get restraining orders against us. Most of the things she wrote in the restraining orders were lies. If we sued them, what can happen to them?
According to my sister's divorce lawyer, video taping in public is legal. By the way my sister is going through divorce proceedings right now but my brother is not. So, I video taped my brother in law coming out of my sister in law's apartment. He was parked in the next complex. FYI, we have other eyewitnesses that say he slept at least a couple of nights at my sister in law's apartment. My brother is in Jordan right now. We wanted proof that they are having an affair. Is what I did illegal? Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">