• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recourse for false criminal complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MA

The girl i was dating filed a false complaint against me.But failed to provide any fair evidence,so the court has dismissed the case.The court also suggested that I may chose to take legal action against this false complaint.

what steps should I take?against this malicious complainant.:confused:

outonbail

First, you need to asses what your damages are.

What costs have you incurred? (Cost for an Attorney? Medical treatment?)

What additional damages have you suffered that you can prove are directly attributable to this persons illegal, vindictive actions? Damaged reputation, loss of job, alienated from social settings etc.?

fairisfair

and just because a complaint is dismissed does not mean that it was malicious or frivolous. By the way, girls can't file complaints. Prosecutors file complaints.

Just Blue

and just because a complaint is dismissed does not mean that it was malicious or frivolous. By the way, girls can't file complaints. Prosecutors file complaints.
Actually Fair...The girl filed a complaint and the DA's office filed charges...:)

seniorjudge

What if the prosecutor is a girl?

I've seen some that I wanted to...oh...I mean my FRIEND did those nasty things.

Ok

But what exactly
I should do?

in MA one can file a criminal complaint with the magistrate office against a false criminal complaint i believe...

FYI --I have enough evidence to prove beyond doubt that the complainant filed a false complaint to satisfy her unexplained rage.When there was no harassment or abuse in actuality.

let me know:confused:

Damages

Damages

*lawyers fee's
*mental agony and despair
*and most importantly I want to see justice being done.False complaints should be prsecuted to the fullest.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">