• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering stolen property from University Police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheltem

What is the name of your state? New York

I was recently robbed by students in my tower. SUNY Albany university police caught them and recovered my stolen property as well as dozens of other student's stolen properities. They apparently stole many items ranging from cd players to laptops and it was considered a felony. When I went down to the station, I signed a form signifying that I have identified that the property laid before me was mine and it was stolen from me. The investigator then stated that I cannot take my property back since it is being used as evidence. She said that the distinct attorney must decide whether to photograph the evidence or hold it until the trial is over. This happened in early November of this year and I have yet to recover my property. Is there any action I can take to recover my property?

JETX

Contact the DA and let them know that you would like to recover your property and ask that they see what they can do to help. Then wait.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">