• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relationship 18 year old and 14 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

Hi,

I have a family member that would like to have a relationship with a 14 year old (will turn 15 in February).

What is the legal situation on this?

All parents know each other and the "kids" well and could give their consent.

The do not intend to have sex.

They have not even been kissing, as they were not sure if that would be okay legally.

They live in Oregon (boarding school). One if from Florida, one from New Jersey.

Thanks for your help.

Stephan

Just Blue

Hi,

I have a family member that would like to have a relationship with a 14 year old (will turn 15 in February).

What is the legal situation on this?

All parents know each other and the "kids" well and could give their consent.

The do not intend to have sex.

They have not even been kissing, as they were not sure if that would be okay legally.

They live in Oregon (boarding school). One if from Florida, one from New Jersey.

Thanks for your help.

Stephan
Stephen...

You know what is right.

Why would an 18 year old have" a relationship" with a little girl?

Think on it....

:(

STEPHAN

I didn't say that I am in favor of it.

I just wanted to know the legal situation so I can go into a discussion.

justalayman

let me have this pervert''s address. I will gladly school him on the impropriety he is considering. Anybody that chases little kids and deludes themselves the child is willingly and knowingly entering into an adult relationship needs to be neutered.

and what the law says about it wouldn't change it, even if it was allowed. That is a little kid and an adult. No way, no time should such a relationship be allowed to go forward.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not give a hoot who has what relationship with who as long as that relationship is non-sexual.

However, given that we are talking about a legal adult and a child, and given that the child is only fourteen, anything that even remotely suggests sexuality (which is not limited to intercourse and which includes conversations such as, won't it be great when we can...) has the potential to land the legal adult in jail. And I am talking big-boy prison.

Tell him to keep his hands, his lips, and all other body parts to himself, his pants zipped, and his conversation on algebra class and the football team's record, and he'll be safe as far as the law is concerned. As another poster used to say, if he wouldn't do it in the front pew of the church on Christmas morning with her parents sitting in the row behind, he shouldn't do it now.

But an 18 year old who is finding equal companionship in a 14 year old needs to take a serious look at himself and maybe consider a little therapy to find out why he cannot find a relationship with someone his own age.

FlyingRon

In Oregon, having sexual intercourse with a 14 year old (or even a 15 year old) is called SECOND DEGREE RAPE, a class B felony. That's good for up to ten years in jail and then sex offender registration for at least ten years after they get out and off probation.

Proserpina

Very simply:

The 18 year old needs to make sure he doesn't do ANYTHING with the 14 year old that he wouldn't be happy doing with his Grandmother.

And that's all I'm saying on the subject.

Just Blue

Very simply:

The 18 year old needs to make sure he doesn't do ANYTHING with the 14 year old that he wouldn't be happy doing with his Grandmother.

And that's all I'm saying on the subject.
What an 18 year old is "happy" doing with Granny sometimes is illegal with an 14 year old.

:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">