• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal from the Offender List

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DanielW.Butler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a friend who is a registered offender because his first wife's parents reported him when they started going out (my friend was 18 and the girl was 16). This took place in South Carolina. Now my friend lives in Florida, and due to the laws in Florida, he must wait 25 years before being removed from the Offender List. Back in South Carolina he is only three months away from being removed from the list, but the authorities in Florida tell him that even if he is removed from the list in South Carolina he must still reside in Florida for 25 years before his removal is up for review.
I am trying to learn if there is a way for him to apply for removal in Florida after being removed from the South Carolina List, or if there is any other method to remove him from the Offender List. His child is going to be going to school soon, and while his name is on the list, he is unable to even drop his kid of at school.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much everyone.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">