• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent to own..Can they?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fmreyes

What is the name of your state? Oregon.
Hi, I was making some payment plans to a rent to own store on some furnitures and couple others, I now have been laid off and about to be evicted. I decided to sell the items so I can pay my rent and look for another job, Now that the store manager wants his merchandise or x amount of dollars and I have neither. They say their trying to do what ever it takes and also going to file a felony class b( what does that mean) am I going to go to jail? I figure if I dont pay it its just like not making payments and you have bad credit. or collections. What will happen to me or are they trying to scare me, I was thinking about filing bankruptcy for a new start..please help

thanks

CdwJava

fmreyes said:
I figure if I dont pay it its just like not making payments and you have bad credit. or collections. What will happen to me or are they trying to scare me, I was thinking about filing bankruptcy for a new start..please help

thanks
You figured wrong.

Yes, it IS a crime, and yes, you CAN go to prison.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">