• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting an old crime??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andr0195

MinnesotaWhat is the name of your state?

My wife was sexually assulted as a child (20 years ago). She deals with this on a daily basis, but considered the issue dead and burried; we thought he was dead.

We currelty live in a mobile home park in Fridley Minnesota. One night we took a walk, and ran into the wife of her attacker. We talked to her briefly, and found out he is still alive, and living in the same mobile home park that we do.

There are literally hundreds of other children living in this mobile home park.

A couple years after my wife was assulted, he was accused of sexual assult of another child (his wife was doing daycare). He was never found guilty.

We talked to the mobile home park, who said "he's old.. he couldnt hurt anyone now anyways" and said that would check for any convictions.

Given that he wasnt convicted of any crime, is it possible to "make him move" or to notify the other people in the park about what happened?

Is it possible to report this crime now? There is essentially no "proof" that it ever happened.. only my wifes word.

Any help would be apprecaited.
R

HomeGuru

andr0195 said:
MinnesotaWhat is the name of your state?

My wife was sexually assulted as a child (20 years ago). She deals with this on a daily basis, but considered the issue dead and burried; we thought he was dead.

We currelty live in a mobile home park in Fridley Minnesota. One night we took a walk, and ran into the wife of her attacker. We talked to her briefly, and found out he is still alive, and living in the same mobile home park that we do.

There are literally hundreds of other children living in this mobile home park.

A couple years after my wife was assulted, he was accused of sexual assult of another child (his wife was doing daycare). He was never found guilty.

We talked to the mobile home park, who said "he's old.. he couldnt hurt anyone now anyways" and said that would check for any convictions.

Given that he wasnt convicted of any crime, is it possible to "make him move" or to notify the other people in the park about what happened?

Is it possible to report this crime now? There is essentially no "proof" that it ever happened.. only my wifes word.

Any help would be apprecaited.
R
**A: yes, it is possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">