• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

representing myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

star22379

What is the name of your state? ohio

I live in ohio and recently i was arrested for furnishing a beer to a minor. I work at a bar and it happened there. the judge has denied my request for a court appointed lawyer twice. i only have 300 in the bank and can only work part time because i am in school. the offense is a m-1. with a max fine of 1000 dollars and a max sentence of 6 months. this is my first offense. i have contacted lawyers in my area, but i can't afford any of them, i can't even afford a retaining fee. i don't want to represent myself, but i see no other choice. i need help and advice.

HomeGuru

star22379 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio

I live in ohio and recently i was arrested for furnishing a beer to a minor. I work at a bar and it happened there. the judge has denied my request for a court appointed lawyer twice. i only have 300 in the bank and can only work part time because i am in school. the offense is a m-1. with a max fine of 1000 dollars and a max sentence of 6 months. this is my first offense. i have contacted lawyers in my area, but i can't afford any of them, i can't even afford a retaining fee. i don't want to represent myself, but i see no other choice. i need help and advice.
**A: the bar owner should be helping to defend you. What did the bar owner/manager tell you? Were you fired?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">