• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request a switch from supervised to unsupervised probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MasterKlippas

I am currently on supervised probation. My case began 3/3/2007 for 13 felonies of obtaining property under false pretenses. Was given a Deferred prosecution at the time where i can't find gainful employment to pay the entire funds to the courts. In August 2011 I was indicted on One felony of Financial Card Fraud while dropping the other 12 Felonies. In March 2016 I obtained my Class A CDL permit currently have no least than 5 trucking companies willing to hire train me for Over The Road trucking for their company. The only condition is that i must send them a letter containing a letterhead stating that I am on unsupervised probation can cross state lines into Canada for work related issues. Because my case is about monetary funds I can't hire a lawyer to place my case back on the docket to ask a judge of my request for unsupervised probation my probation officer won't approve of the switch because he said he's monitoring me through supervision but i haven't paid any funds to the court since 01/19/2016 I only make a office visit every three months complete an online assessment every month. He doesn't make home visits or conduct any testing of any sort. How do I go about getting a request approved so I can finish paying this restitution to the court get on creating a better life?

FlyingRon

You could first tell us what state that is handling your probation. There's good reason why that was inserted into the first post on the forum.

However knowing probation officers in three states, I doubt seriously that a person with multiple felonies is getting switched to unsupervised probation. Further, just because you're not on supervision, doesn't mean the probation restrictions change. You might get permission to have the travel restrictions waived for work purposes. Have you discussed this with your PO? Your PO is going to have a lot to say in whether your probation is changed in any way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">