• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Research for Human Sexuality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katert

What is the name of your state? california

i'm doing a research paper on intentional transmission of STDs for a human sexuality course. i need to know if there is a law on the books that enables prosecution of those persons who intentionally transmit STD's, i.e. HIV, herpes, etc., with the intent of harming the other party or those persons who fail to disclose their STD status to new partners. Would the victim (person infected by other) be able to sue for personal damages? could it be a criminal case? i.e. knowingly transmitting HIV eventually leads to death...seems like it could be a lesser degree of murder.

also, any recent cases that you could direct me too would be greatly appreciated. this does not have to be confined to my state, could go nationwide.

thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Reisner v. Regents of Univ. of Calif. (1995) 31 Cal.App.4th 1195, 37 Cal.Rptr.2d 518

School Bd. of Nassau Co., Fla. v. Arline (1987) 480 U.S. 273

Doe v. University of Maryland Med. System Corp. (4th Cir. 1995) 50 F.3d 1261

stephenk

contact a local DA office. There is a Penal Code or Health & Safety Code section that deals with prostitutes who are HIV positive. If charged with prostitution after having knowledge of their condition, they may face felony charges of knowingly passing on the HIV virus.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">