• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resident status (Fish and Game)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jauto

I am from Idaho, but have been working in Nevada for the past 8 years. I have a 180 day contract with a School Dist. My wife and I bought a house last year; I am the secondary borrower on the loan. I spend most of my time off of work in Idaho, arguably the remaining 185 days left in the year. I have not voted or hunted in Nevada. I have been hunting in Idaho using resident status during the last 8 years. Recently the Idaho Dept. Fish and Game contacted me and said that I would be cited and the state would be seeking restitution. This could figure around $10,000.00. I have a travel trailer permanently in Idaho that I also consider a home. I have a truck registered/insured in Idaho. Nevada does not collect income tax.
Do I have a "leg to stand on" here? Can I still claim Idaho residence? Should I get a lawyer? PLEASE help.
Thanks,
John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">