• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restaurant gave me (18) alcohol...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JWood627

I was at a restaurant and a waitress walked up to our table (all highschoolers) and asked "Who's beer is this?" I replied that it was mine in a joking manner and she said "You dont look 21..." to which I said "Whaaaaat?!? hahaha" Then she set the beer down in front of me and walked off. 10 seconds later my real waitress walked over and saw it and laughed and carried it off still full, not even touched. 20 minutes later the manager pulled me aside in front of all my friends and told me to leave. Am I wrong or is the restaraunt at fault for not only supplying alcohol to a minor, but also soliciting it ("Who's beer is this?") and failing to ask for identification...

HomeGuru

JWood627 said:
I was at a restaurant and a waitress walked up to our table (all highschoolers) and asked "Who's beer is this?" I replied that it was mine in a joking manner and she said "You dont look 21..." to which I said "Whaaaaat?!? hahaha" Then she set the beer down in front of me and walked off. 10 seconds later my real waitress walked over and saw it and laughed and carried it off still full, not even touched. 20 minutes later the manager pulled me aside in front of all my friends and told me to leave. Am I wrong or is the restaraunt at fault for not only supplying alcohol to a minor, but also soliciting it ("Who's beer is this?") and failing to ask for identification...
**A: both you AND the establishment holding the liquor license were wrong.

A

avalongod

I agree with homeguru, although I may add that you may be somewhat more culpable than the restaurant, as at least the restaurant tried to correct its mistake by evicting you. You never informed the restaurant that you were under 21.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">