• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigmomma0208

What is the name of your state? ohio

my daughter found a purse at school and took a cell phone out of it later in the day she found who it belonged to and returned it to it's owner. other things turned up missing from it and the parents pressed charges. my daughter admitted to taking the cell phone and the prosecution said it was the only thing they could prove she took so they found her guilty of a misdemenor of the 5 degree for the phone. she was sentenced to probation and has to pay restituion. what i don't understand is if the prosecution could only find her guilty of taking the phone why are they making her pay back everything in the purse that was missing. i agree she should be punished but i think she should not be responsible for things she did not take.and even though she returned the phone their making her pay the girl for a new one plus a $200 braclet that she says was in the purse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">