• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mruffin

What is the name of your state? Alabama. To make a long story short about $20000 was taken from a retail company from an employee and going back and forth the company said all they wanted was the money back through restitution is it possible to have the charges dropped if restitution is made? And also after one turns themselves in and post bail immediately is it possible that they may not even see a jail cell?

Thanks to all that apply

calatty

No. Making restitution will not make the prosecution go away. In fact, it might be taken as an admission of guilt and used against one in the prosecution. I'm not familiar with Alabama practice, but in many states if this is one's first offense one might not see a jail cell.

M

mruffin

well i have not admitted to anything, the restitution statement came from the company and the reason they involved the law was to make sure they had a legal agreement to pay the money back. And they even volunteered to see the judge with me to tell them how cooperative i have been. But as for as an admission of guilt i have not done. They put a warrant out for me and i agreed to turn myself in and not run.

Thanks for the info tho...........anyone else feel free to respond like to hear opinions..........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">