• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution for embezzlement??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melzz

What iWhat is the name of your state? IN, state of occurence Texas

Four years ago in April my daughter was fired for embezzlement. It was deemed that the company had no grounds for criminal action as she did not confess, she was basically fired because she had strong evidence against her. Now she has received a letter from an Attorney for the Insurance company that has covered the Company's loss and they are demanding that she pay the amount she took in full within 30 days or face criminal action. This is now a civil matter as far as we know and we don't have the money to pay it in thirty days. She is not a minor and the amount is just under 25 thousand dollars. Is she being bullied by the insurance agency now? She was never tried for the offense and told the company washed it's hand of it.
Any advice on whether an attorney should be retained or not? s the name of your state?
I'm posting this again, because I'm not sure if this is a civil matter or a criminal matter. Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">