• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution ?'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustrateddadny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york (westchester)

ok here goes....i am on probation 5 years felony. i used my fathers credit cards,so either he pressed charges or the c.c. company wouldnt pay him back.so they got me for id theft and scheme to defraud.for the last 3 years i have been paying 400.$ a month,for the last 4 months it has been hard to make the payments and my probation officer is saying she is going to violate me...(scary) have not been in ANY trouble since.have a job but it has been slow and hard to find a job with 2 felonies of this sort..have been sending in 100.$ or 200.$ what ever i have i send.now is there anyway to get this into civil? meaning, instead of criminal restitution can they do it civil? or can i modify this amount a month? thank you in advance for any advice...this is by far the dumbest thing i have ever done in my life....and regret it everyday

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">