• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restoration of Legal Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacyssister

What is the name of your state? California
My sister was convicted 6 years ago for possession of drugs with intent to sell and child endangerment. She went to prison for one year. She lost her legal rights and rights to her children during this time frame because she did not take the required parenting classes. The grandparents legally adopted my sister's two minor children who are now 6 years old (twins). The grandfather recently died and the grandmother's health is failing. My sister has had a clean record since she's been released, approximately 5 years. Is she eligible to have her legal rights restored and regain custody of her children? If so, what must she do?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">