• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restore gun rights in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bfogle

I have an Arson charge in Ohio from 1992. I ultimately lost my firearm rights as a result of this crime. What and who do I need to contact to try to get these rights back. Any Info would be helpful. I have only had this one Felony in my life but have had a couple of misdemeanors also but nothing within the last 7 to 8 years. Thanks, Bfogle

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bfogle said:
I have an Arson charge in Ohio from 1992. I ultimately lost my firearm rights as a result of this crime. What and who do I need to contact to try to get these rights back. Any Info would be helpful. I have only had this one Felony in my life but have had a couple of misdemeanors also but nothing within the last 7 to 8 years. Thanks, Bfogle

My response:

You have got to be joking, right?

Get used to your life without guns in it. You're never going to get a gun, of any type, ever again. You blew your chances for this "privilege" - - forever.

IAAL

C

craftymom

A couple of misdemeanors and only ONE felony?

Geez! What 'yardstick' are you measuring yourself by that you think this is a minor character flaw?

B

bfogle

REALISTIC

Well as far as never having a gun again, I will find out soon enough. I have been advised by a friend who is a probation officer that there is a way to get these privileges back.
I was at least hoping for some positive feed back.

I do realize that these are "Criminal activities" that I have "PAID MY PRICE FOR". I have a life long record and spent time in prison for those activities but, I accept responsibility for my actions. I have never thought that I was in the RIGHT for what I have done. I got in trouble on my own and am not afraid to admit that I was wrong but, why take my firearm rights away when there was never a firearm involved. That is just another money game that our great Government has added to our system. It is not like I want to buy an ak47, I just want to be able to buy a hunting rifle or shotgun. I bow hunt now and don't have a problem continuing with this, I would just like to have privileges for hunting game animals with my brother and relation. If I had committed a crime with a gun I could understand this. I have no rights as a citizen for the things I have done as a younger man. I have done nothing wrong as far as "CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES" in 7 or 8 years. Lets be "REALISTIC", most of you have done things just as "justifiably wrong" as I have but, you just didn't get caught. Criminal activity is ramped in our society today. There are Lawyers, cops, governors, judges and whoever else you would like to include in this that have committed CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES. I have been JUDGED for this and have paid my price, I have been productive citizen for the last seven or eight years, why keep beating a dead horse, I HAVE PAID FOR THIS ACTIVITY, If you all would like to judge me for this, stop and look long and hard at your life's activities and if you discover that you are without fault, come back and JUDGE ME. I stepped over the legal line when I was 19 years old and am not a habitual criminal. I made a mistake. I don't know who all of you are but it seems to me that you must be lawyers because you have bashed me for my activities and side stepped my original question.

Who do I need to contact or what actions do I need to take to try to restore these privileges??????

The yardstick I am using is the realistic yardstick of life that "no one is perfect, We all make mistakes. If you want to use yardsticks lets use the yardstick of GOD. Have any of you ever lied, not honored your mother or father, ever looked at a woman or man who is not your spouse in a lustful manner, or failed to put GOD first. Well by this yardstick "YOU ARE ALL CRIMINALS." I did not come here and judge you all by that yardstick. It is none of my business. I am just looking for some Intelligent information and help from the convenience of my home and computer.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What a load of bullcrap. I guess anybody can justify their actions if given enough forum space.

Look, tell me why the law mandates that a felony criminal record "stays on your record" for the rest of your life? That's because society mandates that YOU ARE, AND STILL MUST, "pay your debt to society". A stay in a prison cell, and completing that sentence, is only "one part" of that "debt." It DOES NOT mean that you have completed "paying your debt to society." I don't know where you criminals come up with this bullcrap about having "paid your debt to society".

You will be "paying" for the rest of your life, and taking away your gun privileges is ONE of those "payments" for your "sins". It's continual, until the day you finally die.

So, stick that in your God quotations. Oh, and by the way, let ME be the one who "casts the first stone."

IAAL

B

bfogle

WHATEVER!!!!

It seems to me that you "I am Guessing" LAWYERS have nothing better to do with your time except beat down the people who have made mistakes. Like you have never made one. If you would like to cast the first stone, have at it. I have dealt with derelicts my whole life, why would one more hurt. I have paid my price and that is a FACT. If you have never set in a prison cell try it for a year or two and see what it really does. "I WILL NEVER GIVE THE PENAL SYSTEM CREDIT FOR REFORMING ANYONE" It is just a place to house "US CRIMINALS" for a brief period of time so that you LAWYERS can make your living. Like I have said previously, if you have no useful info please do not waste my time. I have better non criminal activities to attend to. I am a legal working citizen who has just as much right to own a gun as the next person.

If you wreck your car and it is your fault, you go to prison and upon getting out you have your automobile rights suspended for the rest of your life? Where would you be? You would be right here where I am. Asking for help just as I am. You can blast your mouth any way you like but opinions are like buttholes, we all have one and they ALL STINK!!!!!! Cast all of your stones and I will still come out the winner as I have GOD on my side!!!!! You can think what you want and I will still not cast a single stone your direction. You are human just as I am, and HAVE MADE MISTAKES. I will not condemn you for those mistakes.

It seems to me it doesn't take much forum space at all for justification, but I am not trying to justify anything. I am just asking for some info. I WAS WRONG, and do not expect anyone to think differently. I have better things to do than spend my time replying to forum posts that are not of any help and seem to be a justification of your mistakes, Therefore you are not any better in society than I am. I contribute to this country on a daily basis and would serve this great country we live in no matter what. But don't slam me for my mistakes. Again please do not waste my time with posts that do not pertain to me or are not of any help to me.

dequeendistress

anyone have a light.

IAAL
"Get used to your life without guns in it. You're never going to get a gun, of any type, ever again.
You blew your chances for this "privilege" - - forever."

Agrees with IAAL...in a poof of smoke and a hi ho silver your gun rights went down the road.

God has nothing to do with it. He may forgive you, society does not have to.

Also your response and finger pointing proves you learned nothing from your illegal act.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: WHATEVER!!!!

bfogle said:

If you wreck your car and it is your fault, you go to prison and upon getting out you have your automobile rights suspended for the rest of your life? Where would you be? You would be right here where I am.

===================================

My response:

What a stupid, typical, criminal analogy. Look, idiot - - when you're a felon, you lose your right to "bear arms" and you lose your "right to vote."

You're not getting either back. Get used to it.

IAAL

B

bfogle

Information???????

Again, does anyone have any HELPFUL INFO??? Any info would be highly appreciated.

I am sorry if anyone was offended by the finger pointing. I was merely returning fire!!!! When one is fired upon they usually fire back. I am in no way offended by what anyone has said here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just would like to have help in getting some of my rights back. I thought this forum would lead me in the right direction to achieve this as it is a law issue. I am sorry if I have wasted anyone's time. Again, I am sorry if anyone was offended.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Information???????

bfogle said:
I was merely returning fire!!!! When one is fired upon they usually fire back.

==================================

My response:

That was definitely the WRONG "expression" to use. That's exactly why society won't be putting a gun back in your hands. You might do it in "real life" when you don't like what someone says.

What a dirtbag dolt.

IAAL

B

bfogle

Thank You.

I knew that would be your response, so let me ask another question. Who is doing the firing???

Thanks to all for your time. If anyone comes across any HELPFUL info please send it my way.

Thanks again for your time, because that is surely all I have gotten from this board. Well maybe not, I have learned a few lessons about people and society. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">