• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shorti1

What is the name of your state? Delaware

to make a long story short my husband made a female friend and things went to far, but he wanted to stay with me, but the girl is now becoming crazy. she calls when he tells her never to call. she would instant message him and he put her on block. she even called me telling me lies and was instant messaging me and emailing me. he keeps telling her not to call and now she called a few days ago telling him me and him will be receiving a package in the mail and she still calls. he hangs up on her all the time. its been 3 months and she hasnt stopped we had hoped she would. is it possible to get a restraining order, because it seems like legal action is the only resort. im tired of her and so is he. the thing is i live in delaware, he lives in new york and she lives in maryland. please tell me if there is a way. thanks

Beth3

Of course you and your husband can get restraining orders. Since you are living in different states, you'll both need to take do this. Contact local law enforcement - they can advise you how to proceed.

stephenk

you and hubby want to stay together but you each live in different states?

How did she get your email address? Do you respond to the emails? Have you saved any of the emails or other things she has sent you? You will need them as evidence for a restraining order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">