• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozarka10

Can someone legally put a temporary restraining order against you from contacting Board of Pharmacy? Can they really make it possible to never tell them what you know? Like shut your mouth? Also can the person who put the restraining order... can that person contact the person they put the order on? I know this is a civil restraining order.. is the judge going to question or wonder why? I also would think if the board of pharmacy knew that a restraining order was being put on someone... wouldn't that be suspicious?.. especially because the pharmacist that had the tro issued is on a drug monitoring program. Am i wrong?

Proserpina

Can someone legally put a temporary restraining order against you from contacting Board of Pharmacy? Can they really make it possible to never tell them what you know? Like shut your mouth? Also can the person who put the restraining order... can that person contact the person they put the order on? I know this is a civil restraining order.. is the judge going to question or wonder why? I also would think if the board of pharmacy knew that a restraining order was being put on someone... wouldn't that be suspicious?.. especially because the pharmacist that had the tro issued is on a drug monitoring program. Am i wrong?

Which US state?

Can you actually explain what you're talking about? (it's not exactly clear :) )

CdwJava

Can someone legally put a temporary restraining order against you from contacting Board of Pharmacy?
Is there an actual court order stating such a thing? If so, then the answer is, "Yes." If not, then I would not worry about it.

It tends to be extremely difficult to obtain a restraining order preventing contact with a government agency unless such contact puts others in danger or there is a pattern of harassing behavior to the agency.

Also can the person who put the restraining order... can that person contact the person they put the order on?
In theory, yes. But the restrained person should not engage the protected person in conversation at all. And judges tend to take a dim view of these sorts of incidents if it eventually comes down to a complaint. But, unless otherwise stated in the order, they only apply to the party against whom the order is applied.

When your hearing comes up, you can tell the judge everything you believe is relevant and the judge will make the decision. However, I do not believe the judge will have the authority to prevent you from contacting a third party that is not a party to the application. So, if this board is not also applying for the order, I doubt the judge will be able to issue it at the request of a pharmacist. The pharmacist can prevent you or your agents (friends, family, etc.) from contacting him or her, but not from contacting others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">