• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ASpear

I live in Massachusetts, last night my brother in law was arrested for not appearing in court for a traffic violation, he was arrested by warrant, however, when the State Police picked him up at his house, he was served with a restraining order against him. He currently lives with a femal room-mate, and her two daughters and son, the order basically stated that he could not return home, and that he was to have no contact with the room-mates oldest, but minor, daughter. The order outlined basic "rules" that constituted the violation of the order, some of which included sexual harassment, forcing sex, along those lines. My brother in law is beside himself, he is telling us he has no idea what brought this on, that he at no time did or said anything inappropriate to the minor child. The minor child accused her mothers ex boyfriend of this same thing about five years ago, it never went any further than the restraining order though. what can he do to help himself, besides hiring a lawyer? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Son of Slam

ASpear said:
I live in Massachusetts, last night my brother in law was arrested for not appearing in court for a traffic violation, he was arrested by warrant, however, when the State Police picked him up at his house, he was served with a restraining order against him. He currently lives with a femal room-mate, and her two daughters and son, the order basically stated that he could not return home, and that he was to have no contact with the room-mates oldest, but minor, daughter. The order outlined basic "rules" that constituted the violation of the order, some of which included sexual harassment, forcing sex, along those lines. My brother in law is beside himself, he is telling us he has no idea what brought this on, that he at no time did or said anything inappropriate to the minor child. The minor child accused her mothers ex boyfriend of this same thing about five years ago, it never went any further than the restraining order though. what can he do to help himself, besides hiring a lawyer? Any help would be very much appreciated.
"what can he do to help himself, besides hiring a lawyer? "

***He can stay away from his ex-girlfriend's daughter.

A

ASpear

thankyou Mr. Obvious, but I think the restraining order says that already, and from what I could tell when he was reading it to us, he does in fact know how to read, I guess you misunderstood my question, or perhaps I didn't phrase it correctly. The girl has been sexually active since she was about eight, and it seems to be a trend for her to accuse men of inappropriate acts, is there any way he can use that information for his own benefit, seeing as there were never any charges brought against the other man, and the accusations there were much more heinous. BTW, I believe I did state in my first thread that it was his roommate, not his girlfriend, and I don't want you to respond to this unless you have something of value to say about his case. That being said, thanks for your input!! Have a great day.:D

P

Pfaffing85690

O.K. since you didn't like the previous answer here's another one for you.

1. tell him to find another place to live.

2. you go move his things to his new abode.

3. you tell him to stay away from the daughter.

4. He gets on with his life.

There, feel better?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">