• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Fraud 3rd Degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I3rawndor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Ok. so I just got picked up on a retail fraud 3rd degree , What happened was i went into the store with my brother, not knowing he was stealing anything. Probably about $150 in merchandise he pocketed, we made it out of the store, and he put everything into the bag i was carring, and we got picked up across the road they are trying to charge me what should i do? Went to jail and sat in holding for 2 days, got arraigned then pleaded not guilty have court soon.

sandyclaus

Ok. so I just got picked up on a retail fraud 3rd degree , What happened was i went into the store with my brother, not knowing he was stealing anything. Probably about $150 in merchandise he pocketed, we made it out of the store, and he put everything into the bag i was carring, and we got picked up across the road they are trying to charge me what should i do? Went to jail and sat in holding for 2 days, got arraigned then pleaded not guilty have court soon.
The very FIRST thing you should do is get yourself an attorney. DO NOT answer any questions or discuss the matter further outside the presence of said attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are guilty. You need an attorney. You "made it out of the store, and he put everything into the bag" you were carrying. Congrats. You are a thief. You helped him. You should have done the right thing and refused to participate and turned him in -- but you didn't. Your bad choice is what is putting you in this situation. You participated in the theft. And I am not believing you didn't know what your brother was doing based on your complicity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">