• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Fraud?Accused?How?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lindystar

I live in Michigan. I would like everyone to pass this on. I couldn't belive this would ever happen to me in my wildest dreams! I've shop at Best Buy many of times. Some of their policies I have not liked. But this one tops the cake. I purchased 1 game for playstation 2, a four person adapter for playstation 2, phone etc.. on a Saturday. When I got home I noticed an add for Toysrus. You know how that is: a cheapier price. My son didn't want the 4 tap and all the other merchandise I wanted to keep. The next saturday I went back returned the Playstation game and the 4 adapter. I also returned a phone under warranty for 330.00 on a different transaction. Thirteen days later I get this call from the Roseville police department and said that I'm to appear in court for retail fraud to Best Buy. Said I returned items with news paper stuffed inside instead of the merchandise. If anyone knows to return a game they can't be opened? right? The police officer said, I opened it, replaced it with newspaper and sealed it back up? and even the other item I returned. Now how can this be and where is my rights? You'll get your day in court, she said. I would like to no how I'm going to prove that I didn't do this. Also, I used a charge card to pay for the items and return the items, all with my real name, phone and address. I was baffled since I have no record and was wrongfully accused. What was I to do? I went got the receipt and called Best Buy, to talk to the manger. I told him who I was and he said he was sorry for the mistake, all of this took about one hour of ****! The police officer called me back a said the same. Ok, I'm still can't let this go, everytime I go into the store I have to wonder what about the next time? I guess I want to know what my rights are? How can they do something like this to innocent people? Did they have a right to accuse me? How come the police called me on the phone? Giving me a hard time? Is this on my record now? How do I find out and if so how do I get this off?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">