• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retail theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cinole80

What is the name of your state? illinois
Is there a law that prevents someone from returning merchandise thought to be stolen for money/credit?

L

lastexit

yes

There is a law against returning stolen items for cash!
I infer that you're thinking about doing it, or did it. DON'T DO IT! If you are busted, you will not be allowed into Canada for 7 years! Think about the consequences pal! (I should listen to my intuition)

Last edited:

AmosMoses

I am curious about something...

... and am wondering if something was edited, or I am missing something. What's the deal with the denial of entry into Canada have to do with it? I mean, convicted of anything has a multitude of collateral actions on a person other than the actual things imposed by a judge in court; you may not be able to leave a certain jurisdiction, you may not be able to own a gun, you may not be able to vote, go in bars, etc. Did I miss something? Did cinole80 ask something about wanting to work in Canada, or is this a joke that's over my head, sarcasm I don't understand? If it is, someone please explain it to me...I'm slow here. I could see a crack at saying you may not be able to go to France or something, but did the Canadians do something I missed out on? Help me here...I'm slow.

L

lastexit

no time for confusion...

It was a refrence to USA/Canada's border law banning Canadian/American shoplifters from attaining entrance into the country. I think that this ban is absurd; this "offense" is a dumb decision, not a vicious crime.

Sorry that I left out that explanation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">