• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retail theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emt379

i am 21 years old and living in PA, i have had no prior criminal record, i was given a citation in centre county for retail theft (23.06) approximately 3 weeks ago, but have not heard anything from the officer or the magistrates office. I have paid the store their fee and have been given a letter of release. but i fear that i face possibly being put on trial or being convicted of a misdemeanor. i know this is a crime and it is wrong and i regret doing it, but is there anyway i can be accepted into the pretrial intervention program and have my record expunged? i don't know how to go about doing this, but i have found forms online. i'm not sure if i can afford a lawyer since i am currently in college, but would it be better if i do contact a lawyer, or can i do this on my own? if anyone can offer any help to me, such as what i can expect in fees, a possible conviction, PTI, expungement, anything will be grately appreciated. Thank you!
:confused:

W

wramos52

1ts offense

Most misdemeanor 1st offenses are dismissed after 6 months if the offender does not repeat the crime again or is arrested for anything else during the six months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">