• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retail Theft Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delter

What is the name of your stateIllinois
Recently I was arrested at a local grocery store for theft. The cashier, was a friend of mine and had told me one day that she gave me discount on my purchases. I told her not to do it again as she was wrong in doing it and she could lose her job that she had over 12 years. On the day I was arrested, the gocery lanes were full except for my friend, so I was in a hurry and went down that lane. While she was scanning my groceries, I remembered that I had to get ice cream for my son birthday, so I told her I would be right back, in about two minutes or less I returned. She told me my bill was such an amount so I gave her a check for the amount. When she started to give me my receipt, another employee grab the receipt and told her to come to the office. The assistant store manager told me that it had nothing to do with me, however, I got arrested. I never saw what she had scaned, I never took possession of the groceries, the sacker had them sack and laying on his shelf. I never attempted to leave the store with the groceries. I found out later that they were watching her, and suspected me and others as being involved. I do not feel that I did anything wrong as I never took possession, nor was I present when she scaned the majority of the items. Do I have a defense, the states attorney said the store owner is powerful and I would have to be charged.

Dandy Don

You need your own attorney to help with your defense, and hopefully the store video will back up your story. Your attorney can get you a copy of the receipt and examine what was scanned to help back up your story.

They should be focusing on the corrupt cashier and hopefully you will be exonerated and she will be found guilty IF they ever charge HER with anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">