• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliation / Perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Concerned Dad2

What is the name of your state? Texas

This is bad. My daughter had a roommate that became her roommate because she had moved out of the home of an abusive boyfriend. This roommate’s ex-boyfriend was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. My daughter went with this girl to court to get a protective order and everything. Well, when the roommate moved out of my daughter’s house they had an argument, and unfortunately, my wife became involved, and the police were called on my wife. My wife wasn’t charged with anything though, but the call for service was documented. Anyhow, my daughter has now become friends with her ex-roommates ex-boyfriend I think partly for revenge, and my daughter is now claiming (6 months after he was charged with assault) that her ex-roommate confessed to her that she set him up. I personally think that my daughter is lying, because she wants revenge against this ex-roommate. I also believe that she is now involved with the ex-boyfriend. Now, when the ex-roommate was attacked, paramedics rushed her to the hospital, and domestic violence pictures were taken. Also, my daughter has no proof of this confession at all. And my daughter called the ex-roommates parents in another state, and left a recorded answering machine message down talking her ex-roommate. The ex-roommate told me that the copy of this tape in which my daughter claims that she is owed money, and has issues with her could be submitted in court if my daughter testifies. Also, even though my daughter says this woman owes her money, she has not filed a claim of her own in court. She has no attorney of her own, and the ex-boyfriends attorney has no clue about their falling out, and isn’t representing her anyway. If the judge discovers that my daughter’s allegations came months later, that she wasn’t at the scene of the crime when it was committed, and that she has motive to lie, combined with the fact that she has no proof of this confession, can she suffer any legal consequences? Could this ex-roommate sue her later or claim extortion?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">