• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retrieving property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MickylaSuitor

My ex has refused to give me my things back and be civil at all. She has ran up a $400+ bill in my name and I have agreed to drop that matter to get back my property. She has still refused. Is there a way that I can get the police involved enough to scare her into giving my things back without having to go to court? I have tried a third party retrieval but it failed, she is extremely violent and stupid to say nonetheless, I don't want to chance getting in an altercation with her. All advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Banned_Princess

My ex has refused to give me my things back and be civil at all. She has ran up a $400+ bill in my name and I have agreed to drop that matter to get back my property. She has still refused. Is there a way that I can get the police involved enough to scare her into giving my things back without having to go to court? I have tried a third party retrieval but it failed, she is extremely violent and stupid to say nonetheless, I don't want to chance getting in an altercation with her. All advice is welcomed. Thank you.
Did you live there recently? the police can assist in the peaceful removal of your belongings.

US LAW ONLY

WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">