• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to a fair trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnnie Walker

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire
Can the police chief in a town I was in an altercation in
and was arrested on a felonious charge for. Say I'm guilty of the crime by saying the other party involved is innocent in the newspaper the day after being formally charged?

Last edited:

racer72

Even police chiefs have 1st Amendment rights. It is his opinion, nothing else. What happens and what is said in the courtroom should be the only thing that determines the outcome of a trial. Till the verict is read, there is no way to determine if a trial was fair.

J

Johnnie Walker

I think im getting screwed. This is a small community and they put the story of what happened... (which in it were all lies and I can prove he the accuser and others were lying) ...on the front pg of my community paper with my picture. In the article it says this man is innocent. This jerk-chief told the other guys story but never mentioned that I was accusing this guy of harassment and simple assualt. (this man is a total stranger and I had never seen him before) And the police never even arrested him. What about that? I was fired from my job because of this article the same day the paper came out.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Johnnie Walker said:
I think im getting screwed. This is a small community and they put the story of what happened... (which in it were all lies and I can prove he the accuser and others were lying) ...on the front pg of my community paper with my picture. In the article it says this man is innocent. This jerk-chief told the other guys story but never mentioned that I was accusing this guy of harassment and simple assualt. (this man is a total stranger and I had never seen him before) And the police never even arrested him. What about that? I was fired from my job because of this article the same day the paper came out.

**A: what about that? You posted a question and racer72 responded with the correct answer.
And your name sounds mighty familiar. Maybe I met you before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">