• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights To My Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KingofOmaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am divorced and paid my child support/alimoney for years.My Ex-wife remarried adn divorced after 15 years and now is "available". She has stopped using her last married name and reverted back to my last name rather than her Maiden name. I am not happy but dont know if in Nebraska they are allowed to go back to any married name they may have had?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Yes. She can change her name to the same last name you have. Notice I didn't say "your" name, because the name doesn't belong to you. *I* could change my name to your last name if I wanted to.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Maybe she always liked the name. Why do you really care? You're done with her, just move on.

FuzzyBunny

Name-

You can use any name you wish. Perhaps she wants to have the same last name as her children. It makes things a lot easier at schools and such.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
She can use any name she wants to as long as she is not doing so for fraudulent purposes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">