• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Risk of Injury to a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ruth bush

My son, @ 17years of age had sex with 15 year old in the school locker room in Connecticut. He and the girl had been seeing each other. This was in November 2001. They broke up the end of November. In March 2002 the girl had an abortion, said the baby was a result of the incident in November and my son was arrested In September 2002. They dropped the rape charge and reduced the charges to 2nd degree risk of injury saying that because the girl was 15 years old at the time and my son 17 + 4 months (which constitutes him an adult so they say) she was not legally of age to give consent or not to having sex. I need to know if: 1) the 17 + four month age of my son constitutes him as an adult; 2) And if they dropped the rape charge it seems to me that that should also indicate consent on both parts? Right now he is looking at 9 months served and 10 year probation which seems harsh. Apparently the girl's parents are pushing for the max. I need to know what his rights are considering that he was still in school and 17 years old and whether the girl is fifteen or not it was not rape.

H

Humble Warrior

In short........he has the right to kiss his a$$ good-bye. He is male......male goes to jail.....every time. No doubt about it.
You might want to get him a magazine subscription,because he is gonna have some time on his hands.
It sucks,it's wrong,but it is also the truth. If you are male,and in this country,your going to jail the nanosecond a woman files any kind of a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">