• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Robbed at gunpoint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loserspearl

What is the name of your state? Florida

On the night of december 7th I was in a local subdivision. It was dark and between 7 and 8. Me and my friend were dropping off another friend. There were a few joggers outside so people outside didn't seem odd even though most were eating their dinner at the time. I had stopped at a stop sign when a guy running had come up to my window with a gun to my cheek. He said to give him the money so I just handed my over my wallet and he was gone, I didn't see him too well but he looked dark skinned and kinda chubby. I had just cashed a few paychecks and was going to the bank to deposit some at the atm. I couldn't call the police because my phone was dead. I don't even know if I should bother, the cops wouldn't do much. I lost everything, my ID, debit card, and almost $800. After cancelling my card and getting a new ID at the DMV, what should I do to get anything of the money stolen from me? I'm desperate and need help!

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Florida

On the night of december 7th I was in a local subdivision. It was dark and between 7 and 8. Me and my friend were dropping off another friend. There were a few joggers outside so people outside didn't seem odd even though most were eating their dinner at the time. I had stopped at a stop sign when a guy running had come up to my window with a gun to my cheek. He said to give him the money so I just handed my over my wallet and he was gone, I didn't see him too well but he looked dark skinned and kinda chubby. I had just cashed a few paychecks and was going to the bank to deposit some at the atm. I couldn't call the police because my phone was dead. I don't even know if I should bother, the cops wouldn't do much. I lost everything, my ID, debit card, and almost $800. After cancelling my card and getting a new ID at the DMV, what should I do to get anything of the money stolen from me? I'm desperate and need help!
Why didn't you call the police from a land-line? Knock on a door and ask the resident to call 911 for you?

justalayman

what should I do to get anything of the money stolen from me?
Uh, call the police maybe?

what other kind of suggestion are you looking for? Unless you want to play Joe Vigilante and Joe P I, what else could you do?

CdwJava

Call the police.

Cancel your edbit and credit cards, and notify the bank of the theft.

Get a new ID.

Kiss your cash goodbye.

Sorry, but there is not much more you CAN do at the moment.

- Carl

loserspearl

ya the police were notified, as expected they did nothing. and i guess theres nothing to get my 800 bucks back, short of armed robbery? lol

seriously i hate everything, life sucks

CdwJava

ya the police were notified, as expected they did nothing. and i guess theres nothing to get my 800 bucks back, short of armed robbery?
What do you expect the cops to do? Some of these cases cannot be solved overnight or with any ease. No witnesses equals no leads. Unless the suspect was easily identifiable or their were surveillance cameras in the area to aid in ID, it can be a tough process. And if in a big city, unless the suspect frequented the neighborhood where you were robbed, it's not likely to be solved.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">