• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rules of Probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bardunatorio

What is the name of your state? California

I recently went to court and got 1 year informal probation. I know they specified that I have to have ID on me at all times and that I can't break any law for the next year. But, I was wondering if I could leave the country this upcoming fall to study abroad for college? The study abroad program is a 4 month program, meaning I would have to apply for a visa. Would I be going against my probation if I go? Could I even obtain a visa? I need help please!!!!

CdwJava

If he is on "informal probation", chances are no Probation officer is assigned to him and there are no restrictions and conditions to his probation.

However, it would be best to contact the probation department and ask the question. It is better to be safe and secure in the knowledge that you have done the right thing than be surprised with a warrant when you get home.

- Carl

ENASNI

Thanks Carl

CdwJava said:
If he is on "informal probation", chances are no Probation officer is assigned to him and there are no restrictions and conditions to his probation.

However, it would be best to contact the probation department and ask the question. It is better to be safe and secure in the knowledge that you have done the right thing than be surprised with a warrant when you get home.

- Carl
Thanks Carl... ya learn more everyday.

so.. um
Ask the probation office?

better?
I hope he gets to go...an education is a horrible thing to waste.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">