• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runaway on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inthedirt

our son is on probation for possesion of 1 gram of marijuana. He violated his probation when he failed the UA. they issued a warrent for his arrest and he ran. He's been gone a month now. What will happen when they find him? Will it make any difference when he turns 18 next month?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming attorney client relationship.

Yes, it will make a big difference of your son turning 18. He will now have another warrant issued for his arrest and tried as an adult.

You better have a good attorney to get him out of running away from a "marijuana charge", a minor crime in relation to most crimes from which most defendants run.

do a couple of things:
1) read all the material on criminal defense at freeadvice.com's home page AND
2)try attorneypages.com. Look for an attorney in your state who specializes in criminal defense. Some offer free consultations.
3) try your STATE BAR ASSOCIATION AND ASK FOR A REFERRAL FOR A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY.

4) CALL THE PUBLIC DEFENDER's office or DISTRICT ATTORNEY's office and ask about the direct law, WITHOUT GIVING OUT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION (so avoid telephone lines that will display your name, etc. on a caller id system.)

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">