• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S.I.S. Probation Revocation MO child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jakers1976

Missouri.
I am currantly on probation for child support and have a Probation Revocation Hearing coming 9-9-2010. I applied for public defence and was denied for "Being employed". I have more than one child support case and took the only job I could get when I was released from jail last year. I pay out 100% of what I make toward child support and it's still not enough to to pay my court ordered ammount. I've been to court 4 times already and the case was continued for me to seek consoul. Each time I explained that I was paying 100% of my income to child support & have not been able to afford a Lawyer. The last time I went to court I was forced to sign a document saying that if I appear again without a Lawyer I would be in violation of my probation and would be detained till they found me indigent. My Probation Officer is recomending that my probation be continued because he has seen a great improvment in the last few years with me. I'm worried now because if I'm detained I will violate my probation for an other childsupport case. (will complete in Oct.) And I feel that this is all not in the best interest for any of my children. It took me this long just to get where I am now. What can I do? I need a Lawyer bad.
Thanks
-Jason

Proserpina

Much may depend on exactly why you haven't paid the child support or been able to have the order modified.

Can you give us more details?

jakers1976

Re: Details

Much may depend on exactly why you haven't paid the child support or been able to have the order modified.

Can you give us more details?
Sure, I have been paying since I found employment, which was roughly 3 months after I was released from jail. The reason I was unable to pay the full amount is because I have other child support cases that I'm also on probation for and had am required to make payments on. Even though I was making payments on them all I'm still not able to pay the full amount.(even after 100% of my paycheck I'm still short 40% of total payments) I've been giving every dime I've made to child support enforcement & have the documents to prove it. I've been trying to find a second job and or a better paying job to make up the difference, still no luck there. As far as getting it all modified I have no Idea on how to do this. It would be alot easier if all the cases where combined, but having 3 seperate mothers in 3 seperate counties doesn't help. Hope this enough details, if not I can add more just not sure where to start. It all just seems counter productive to lock me away in my opinion.
Thanks Again
-Jason

Last edited:

Antigone*

Sure, I have been paying since I found employment, which was roughly 3 months after I was released from jail. The reason I was unable to pay the full amount is because I have other child support cases that I'm also on probation for and had am required to make payments on. Even though I was making payments on them all I'm still not able to pay the full amount. I've been giving every dime I've made to child support enforcement & have the documents to prove it. I've been trying to find a second job and or a better paying job to make up the difference, still no luck there. As far as getting it all modified I have no Idea on how to do this. It would be alot easier if all the cases where combined, but having 3 seperate mothers in 3 seperate counties doesn't help. Hope this enough details, if not I can add more just not sure where to start. It all just seems counter productive to lock me away in my opinion.
Thanks Again
-Jason
Have you considered a vasectomy:eek:. You really can't afford any more kids, and apparently condoms don't work for you.

Proserpina

Honestly, I'm not sure what you can do other than file immediately to modify the orders based upon your lack of employment.

You'd need to file where each of the children live; calling the court-house locally will probably be your first step. The clerk can tell you which forms you need to modify (though cannot tell you how to fill them out or what information you need to list). You may or may not be able to modify and even if you get the modification it won't help the arrears or your current situation.

Other than that, you're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">