• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safe Way of Soliciting a Prostitute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ollie w. holmes

What is the name of your state? California.

Let us suppose that you have the following conversation with a hooker:

Her: "Do you want to have a good time?"

You: "Yes, how much?"

Her: "$125 for a quickie, and $500 for the hour."

You: "Are you a cop, or do you work for or on behalf of law enforcement?"

If she really is a cop, does she have to answer yes? Is answering no considered to be entrapment or baiting?

stephenk

it's not entrapment and she doesnt have to reveal she is a cop. same rules apply in drug deals and other undercover work.

once you answered yes to her question of wanting a good time AND asked the price, you became a willing participant.

either ignore the initial solicitation or answer "no" to her question and you won't get in trouble.

L

loocpoc

Thats ALOT for a street hooker. She can say no if you ask her if she is a cop.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ollie w. holmes said:
What is the name of your state? California.

Let us suppose that you have the following conversation with a hooker:

Her: "Do you want to have a good time?"

You: "Yes, how much?"

Her: "$125 for a quickie, and $500 for the hour."

You: "Are you a cop, or do you work for or on behalf of law enforcement?"

If she really is a cop, does she have to answer yes? Is answering no considered to be entrapment or baiting?

My response:

First of all, shame on you for invoking the name you use on the forums, and asking such questions. Justice Holmes is probably rolling over in his grave.

Second, and even before we get to the issue of whether she must identify herself as a cop, you'll never have an undercover cop give YOU, the "John", a price. An undercover cop will always sidestep the "price" with another question, with the design of getting YOU to mention a price.

If the cop mentions the price, then it's entrapment.

And third, as for the cop admitting she's a cop when asked - - the answer is no. The U.S. Supreme has ruled, a long time ago, that prior to an arrest, a cop is not required to identify themselves. They can if they want, but they are not required to. And besides, if they did, then that would pretty much throw a monkey wrench into any "sting" operation, wouldn't it?

IAAL

djohnson

lol I'm with Amos on this one. The first thing I thought of when I read it was the great IAAL top ten list.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Things That Happens To You During A Prostitution Sting Operation - -

NUMBER 10: Play prostitute roulette, and let lady luck knee you in the groin!

NUMBER 9: The last thing you'd say when talking to prostitutes - - "Ladies, those skirts are much too short. Please put on some clothes".

NUMBER 8: You know it's a "sting operation" when the prostitute tells you the real reason she's now a prostitute is because she left the Red Cross.

NUMBER 7: Your defense to your arrest is that you just wanted to comb the stuff out of the prostitute's beard.

NUMBER 6: Let me get this straight . . . you call this number and a lady talks dirty to you? Cool!

NUMBER 5: You drive up to the curb and say, "A date with you? I don't even know you, young lady."

NUMBER 4: Her husband/pimp walks up to your window and says, "I'll thank you to stop vomiting on my wife, sir."

NUMBER 3: You believe that you can't get arrested if you say, "I'll give you ten dollars to pull up your pants."

NUMBER 2: You're sitting on the motel bed thinking, "It's been four hours since she went into the bathroom. I guess I'll have to do this by myself."

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing That Happens To You During A Prostitution Sting Operation - -

"Young lady, how'd you like to get into my truck and help me solve my mid-life crisis?"

IAAL

Son of Slam

Things you DON'T want to have to ask.

1. Are you sure you'll meet me BEHIND the motel?

2. Why are you so much prettier than the other whores around here?

3. Is your pimp the one accross the street in the white Ford, or the one peeking out the motel window?

4. Is that a pacemaker you're wearing?

5. You're not going to fall in those high heels, are you?

Bravo8

IAAL-

Please explain how the UC officer providing a price is entrapment. I disagree.

Entrapment would require an official misrepresentation of the legality of the act or being unknowingly duped into committing a crime, neither of which apply to this scenario.

When you began to speak with the "prostitute", you knew soliciting a hooker was illegal. This is further emphasized by the question, "How much?" That proves you knew you were speaking with a whore from the get-go.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bravo8 said:
IAAL-

Please explain how the UC officer providing a price is entrapment. I disagree.

Entrapment would require an official misrepresentation of the legality of the act or being unknowingly duped into committing a crime, neither of which apply to this scenario.

When you began to speak with the "prostitute", you knew soliciting a hooker was illegal. This is further emphasized by the question, "How much?" That proves you knew you were speaking with a whore from the get-go.

====================================

My response:

Hello, Bravo. While it is not my intent to get into a protracted or detailed discussion on the subject of entrapment; i.e., an officer offering the fee versus cajoling the "john" to make the offer, is widely accepted law that, in most states, the offense of prostitution is committed when person offers, agrees, or engages in sexual conduct for a fee - - even if that "person" is the officer.

There is a plethora of information to found here - -

(Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side:) [url]http://clarit.home.mindspring.com/txcases.htm#defenses

Nice talking with you Bravo.

IAAL

O

ollie w. holmes

What if the entire conversation is couched in euphemisms, such as the client requesting to audition the ho for a movie, and by the way, "you have to show me you're really a female". Or maybe, he tells her that he is a doctor, and would like to give her a checkup?

If a john is paranoid about being busted by a female cop, then just make the first meeting a date. Make her walk through a metal detector, and if she's wired, don't go any further. If your car is tailed after you pick her up, that's another sign to dump her.

Heck, how do real lawyers avoid getting busted for soliciting a ho? Surely, they must know all the techniques of not getting caught. (Obviously if you have defended a ho on prostitution charges, or know of a ho with priors, this is a good way of screening them).

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ollie w. holmes said:

Heck, how do real lawyers avoid getting busted for soliciting a ho? Surely, they must know all the techniques of not getting caught. (Obviously if you have defended a ho on prostitution charges, or know of a ho with priors, this is a good way of screening them).

========================================

My response:

How do we do it?

We use the 5 to 8K retainer money from criminal scumbags, much like yourself, and go to ritzy and classy nightclubs in Beverly Hills. None of us would even think of meeting a woman on a sidewalk. That's how "we" do it.

We'll leave the skanks and the weasels to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">