• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

satutory rape or Contributing to the Delinquency of Minors??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chris s

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hi folks,
this is my first time using this forum and i'm glad to say hi to everyone.
long story short,i'm 22 years old and i have a 17 years old girl friend with a psycho mom who thinks she has a "mission" from god to lead this lil girl to hell. god speaks to her every day and what ever he says is what she will do, it can be keeping her at home for 2 months or taking her to church for forgiveness 5 times a day,...
3 nights ago she called me and started crying on the phone that her mom found a condom wrapper under her bed(dameeet) and she wants to talk to me.
i rushed over there and after 2 hours argument, i told her that we are in love and i'm planning to marry her anytime i can, i couldn't cause of her age and i knew you hate me so we didn't ask for your permission, we decided to wait til she gets 18 and then we'll do it.any way no matter the plan was i got kicked out and since the my girl friend is a prisoner in that house with no car,phone,computer, even cant go out,...
last thing she said was that she is gonna get a restraining order and will file statutory rape against me,... and blah blah blah.
Age of consent in north carolina is 16 and it has an age gap of 5 year for defendant. i was born in sep/17/1981 and she was born in Jul/18/1986, if you count the days, it will be 4 years and 9 months, but it sounds like 5 years when you look at the years of 81 and 86 . which one would court consider?
2. what can i do to make sure she is ok and what can i do to take her out of that house legally, when the mom has full custody?
what kind of problem can she cause for me or her if she leaves the house as a minor.?
give me some advice to get my baby back.
i appreciate any help in advance.

sincerely,
chris

H

hexeliebe

Tell momma to stuff it. The gir is 16 and of legal age for consenting to sex in North Carolina.

And I'm not even going into the morals of having sex with a 'child'.
:rolleyes:

JETX

"which one would court consider?"
*** The court (or more accurately, police) will use the standard 365 day calendar. You are NOT five years older.

"what can i do to make sure she is ok and what can i do to take her out of that house legally, when the mom has full custody?"
*** In reality, nothing. The childs parents (and she IS a child in the law) can set the rules of her access and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

"what kind of problem can she cause for me or her if she leaves the house as a minor?"
*** Oh, quite a bit. She can file runaway charges on her daughter. She may also be able to charge you with aiding the delinquency of a minor.

Why not just wait the six months until she is 18?

"give me some advice to get my baby back."
*** If you are not careful, you may very well have a 'baby' to worry about.

C

chris s

thanks for the nice reply, have another question:
what exactley a 17 years old girl/boy can do that is legal.
she cant even get out of the house, i mean can she do that legally? there is no other agancy out ther who care about "child"?
i was reading about a child abuse, is it possible to use menthal abuse on this case and if it is, how far the result can take it!

Thanks again,
chris

H

hexeliebe

O.K. listen up and listen carefully.

YOU can't do a damn thing. The 17 year-old is old enough to consent to sex without you going to prison. And that's it.

Legally you are a stranger and have absolutely no rights at all in regards to this 'child'. Who does? Until she turns 18 her parents. And that's it.

So, if you step one foot on momma's doorstep you are trespassing and she can have your butt thrown into jail.

Do as Jet suggested and put it back in your pants until she is 18. Then the two of you can do whatever the hell you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">