• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Save Nana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

payday4you

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
This is my first time on any forum. Last week, they sentenced my mom back to prison for violating probation. The G O V T says she owes over $ 3 Million in Corporate and personal taxes of which she had already paid half of that amount to them BEFORE she went to prison 5 years ago. Last week, they gave her the maximum of 9 months and two years of probation on only 1 of 3 counts. I only have one more week to help her to appeal this decision as the judge never heard anything from her Public Defender about ever paying any money back. She was instructed by her P.D. NOT to say a word or he would resign. The P.D. never admitted anything into evidence that shows where all monies were spent, etc. Can ANYONE help? If not, do you know of anyone?

FlyingRon

The PD is under no obligation (and most wisely will not) speak to you.
What does it matter where you spent the money you should have been giving to the government?
What does that have to do with the probation violation?
What did she do to violate the probation?
What basis is there to do the appeal?
Not say a word where?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">