• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed and scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweettweet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Well, I was scammed today by a lady who said she and husband fed the homeless and she asked if I would like to help them distribute food at and offer a donation. She told me where they did this and I told her I did that also but in another location. I gave her my last name and cell number and a donation. She said she would call me later today and she didn't. Now I'm worried about what she can do with this information that might hurt me and my identity.

I feel so stupid! Suppose she does something illegal? I am so worried. I contacted lifelock but Im scared she could commit a crime and use my last name. Help!!!!

FlyingRon

Your telephone number and name aren't quite enough to steal your identity. What form of donation did you make? Cash? Credit Card? Check?

By the way LifeLock is pretty much a scam in its own right.

Sweettweet

Scammed

Your telephone number and name aren't quite enough to steal your identity. What form of donation did you make? Cash? Credit Card? Check?

It was $6.00 in cash. I have heard of people committing crimes and using people's information. I am do scared I can't sleep.

STEPHAN

Thousands of people have their name and phone number listed in directories. Nothing wrong with that. And with cash they really can not do anything. Nothing to worry about.

BTW: Your intention when making the donation was good.

Sweettweet

Scammed

Thousands of people have their name and phone number listed in directories. Nothing wrong with that. And with cash they really can not do anything. Nothing to worry about.

BTW: Your intention when making the donation was good.
Thank you so much. I was worried they might commit a crime or do something illegal.
I do tend to worry about everything. She was so convincing. First time and last time for me.

STEPHAN

Again, I don't think there was anything wrong with that donation. It is not wrong to do donations.

Sweettweet

Scammed

By the way, thank you for your response to another question I asked about intervenor. You were very correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">