• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared- bipolar ex girlfriend trying to contact husband after 7 yrs!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rudell

What is the name of your state? KY

My husband stopped dating this woman over 7 years ago. She has been diagnosed as bipolar and requires medication and treatment to be rational, at least. She has been seriously delusional at times.She just will not let him go. After he left, she began writing notes and leaving as many as 20 rambling messages daily on his answering device. She has also contacted many members of his family. She has imagined that he is going to a certain place, and has acted upon this fantasy, which has resulted in her detainment at a psychiatric unit.
The calls and letters stop for awhile, then start again. He has since moved, changed numbers, and married. Now, after two years of silence, she has contacted a family member requesting his number because she "needs to talk". My husband thinks this is futile, and wants no part of it. None of his family will give her this information. (She has found out that he is now married.) I realize that without a threat, I can't get a restraining order. I am worried that she will find him, because anyone with half a brain and a computer can easily find that information. I don't want any risk to my 2 children by having her appear here. Given her psychiatric history, is there anything we can do to stop her calls, letters, etc? I would appreciate any advice; I was up half the night.

BelizeBreeze

rudell said:
What is the name of your state? KY

My husband stopped dating this woman over 7 years ago. She has been diagnosed as bipolar and requires medication and treatment to be rational, at least. She has been seriously delusional at times.She just will not let him go. After he left, she began writing notes and leaving as many as 20 rambling messages daily on his answering device. She has also contacted many members of his family. She has imagined that he is going to a certain place, and has acted upon this fantasy, which has resulted in her detainment at a psychiatric unit.
The calls and letters stop for awhile, then start again. He has since moved, changed numbers, and married. Now, after two years of silence, she has contacted a family member requesting his number because she "needs to talk". My husband thinks this is futile, and wants no part of it. None of his family will give her this information. (She has found out that he is now married.) I realize that without a threat, I can't get a restraining order. I am worried that she will find him, because anyone with half a brain and a computer can easily find that information. I don't want any risk to my 2 children by having her appear here. Given her psychiatric history, is there anything we can do to stop her calls, letters, etc? I would appreciate any advice; I was up half the night.
It's called a no-contact order and the hell you can't. File for it now and when you fill out the form put everything that this nut has been doing and because of it, you fear for your children's safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">