• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In school harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KyBloom

What is the name of your state? New York

My 14 year old son has been the subject of in school harassment at the hands of a "friend" of his older brother. The "friend", who weighs approximately 100 lbs more than my son, has shoved him in to walls, tripped him and called him vulgar names. I have spoken to this bully on two or three occasions and requested that he stop this behavior. He has always claimed it was just some "little brother" type of teasing. It appears that my son has been reluctant to report it to the school and has not told us about the continued harassment. Yesterday it escalated and resulted in the bully shoving my son into the wall repeatedly, grabbing him in a head lock and throwing him to the ground. The school suspended the bully for the day. My husband and I are considering filing for a Harassment Order of Protection.

We are concerned that we have not documented this behavior enough to file legal proceedings and this is the first time it has become an official school incident. Could you please offer some advice on this situation?

Many ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">