• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scorned woman committing perjury against me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlaemmle

What is the name of your state? WA

An ex-girlfriend of mine--we lived together for four years and were together for almost five--is angry with me. I told a few people about some very unpleasant things she had done (details not really important). This got back to her, and she was angry with me. Telling me that she wanted revenge against me, she filed a petition for a protective order, and her petition was denied by a commissioner. Soon after, she went to an attorney--a successful intellectual property lawyer--who offered her pro bono services to file a motion for revision of the commissioner's decision, which is to go before a judge in a couple of weeks. In the attorney's request for revision, my ex makes more than half a dozen claims that have never been made before and were not made in the original hearing for the protective order--these new claims are outright lies, and it's more or less obvious. What my ex and her lawyer are trying to prove is that my ex has a "reasonable fear of violence" from me, so all my ex's new claims--lies--are geared toward making me appear like a loose cannon. She claims I wrote her "hate letters" (she won't be able to produce any unless she forges them), and "seized her arm" when I saw her in a nightclub, claims along those lines. Now, my ex's and my relationship was extremely loving and nurturing, and I never laid a hand on her nor threatened her in any way--EVER. She knows very well that I am not a violent person, and knows I would never harm her. Aside from many of her claims not being made in the original hearing--where commen sense dictates that, if they were true, they would have been brought up--I have filed many documents with the court and with the attorney catching my ex in several lies and unethical embellishments. Much of her claims are my word against hers, but many of her claims are refuted by evidence. I talked to the lawyer's assistant--an underling fresh out of law school, who seems to be working on the case too, perhaps for experience?--and asked him why they thought the motion was justified when, after having gone through the papers I'd filed with them, it was obvious my ex had blatantly perjured herself. They wouldn't talk to me of course, because i wasn't a lawyer (though I'm representing myself). I want to file suit or press charges or whatever is done against my ex for perjury, and I also want to include her lawyers in that suit, both the fresh-out-of-law-school guy and intellectual-property-law guy, because it should be rather obvious to them that the motion for revision is frivolous, revenge-seeking, and perjured. I don't know why they're going through with it, unless the senior lawyer is doing a favor for friends (her parents know many lawyers), or his underling is seeking courtroom experience or what. I suppose they might believe in the case, but they would have to be utterly naive to not see through the transparency of my ex's intentions--and it's not like they're taking fees to file this motion, so they're not doing it for the money. I would like to know what my options are regarding filing suit. Also, because there isn't a huge amount at stake here, I am sort of weary of hiring a lawyer, so I was wondering if filing such suits is ever done pro bono, or whether it's a matter of pressing criminal charges within the judicial system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">