• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stupid_one01

What is the name of your state? VA
I made a huge error in judgement, I applied for credit through Dell computers under someone elses name and social, purchased merchandise and before I could make the first payment was under investigation. I have paid the account off but now the local commenwealth attorney says both Dell and the individual wish to press charges. so warrents have been issued. i have agreed to turn myself in on monday in hopes of getting a bond. Like I said I have paid the account off and dont want to go to jail over this, I guess you could say what are my chances of not going to jail and them reducing it from a felony to a mistameanor. I corroporated fully and did pay the account off and even turned myself in. Any advise on what to do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Identity theft is serious business. All because you paid off the account, doesn't mitigate against the fact that the crime was committed. With the rise in Identity Theft in this country, and the D.A. needing to set an example, there is more than likely no chance in hell that this will be reduced. You're going in this with a felony charge, and you'll more than likely come out of this with a felony conviction.

So, in a nutshell, you may as well stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

And, say hello to Bubba for me.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">