• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search by case #?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DR34MY

What is the name of your state? Illinois (but this is a federal issue)

Here's the deal, as short and sweet as possible.

I was unknowingly involved in a federal crime (I have been cleared), and the person who was responsible has been taken into custody (chicago mmc, Van Buren St, Chicago IL) according to an inmate search on the website for the Bureau of Prisons. My contact with the FBI is minimal as the agent in charge of the case cant tell me anything. I managed to search thru the calanders of all judges for this week and found that on Tuesday Aug 26th, this person was due to be arraigned. This is for the criminal case. There is also another civil case against him from the Federal Trade Commission.

Now, here is my question, I have his name, inmate # (BoP), and case #'s (USA vs and FTC vs) how can I get a status on these cases?

Let me know if the information is incomplete. Theres alot of twists and turns in this case but those are the basic facts. I didnt want to write a novel!

L

loocpoc

Contact the US Attorney's Office of Northern Illinios or you can sit in on the trial.

Why is he in custody of the BoP? Pretrial confinement is usually held by the US Marshal's office.

Last edited:

DR34MY

Thanks but that raises another question.

WHO at the US Attorney's office should I speak with? And even if I get the right person, will they tell me anything? Is this information public knowledge?

I could sit in on the trial if I knew when it was happening. Like I stated, the arraignment was Tuesday, Aug 26th (Honorable Rebecca R. Pallmeyer Courtroom 2119 03 CR 745 USA v. Thompson 10:00 Arraignment ). What would the next step be?

I dont know why he is listed for the BoP, (go here http://www.BOP.GOV and search for inmate # 16284-424 ) but thats where you can find him. My guess is because the Chicago MMC is described as a "half-way house" for the Federal Prison system.

This link http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/04/bidderbeware.htm should bring you to the FTC site. On the right side you will find Federal Trade Commission v. James D. Thompson and Susan B. Germek (Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division), Case No. 0C3 2541 (I am, btw, Not the other person mentioned :cool: )

I know I will be subpoenaed for trial, but Id like to keep current AND stay out of the courtroom until then.

Last edited:
L

loocpoc

There should be a victim/witness coordinator at the US Attorney's office. You should of gotten a green or blue pamphlet from the FBI which describes your rights, duties and any questions you may have. You can also contact the FBI who also has a witness/victim coordinator. The number to the USAO switchboard is (312) 353-5300.

After arriagnment in Magistrate court, the magistrate should of set a court date for trial. The magistrate also hears his plea and places bond/bail against the defendant and any restrictions on the bond/bail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">