• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

searched need fast help got court 10/9

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zachary

I was driving on the freeway and was stopped for doing 80mph in a 55mph zone. I was asked for proof of insurance. I had no proof, the car belonged to a dealer. Not that it makes a difference. At this point, the officer returned with one citation ,for driving uninsured. The officer never said anything,
nor did he cite me for the VBR. I thought we were finished. Then without any explonation, he asked me to step out of the car and go to the back. I thought he was just impounding the car, due to no insurance. When there. At this point, he come around the back and said I was being video and audio taped. Then he told me he was GOING to search me and wanted to know If there were any sharp objects in my pockets, befor he stuck his hands in. I told him, I have a knife in my pocket. He then retrieved the knife (switchblade) he then asked if I had anything else. I told him I have brass knuckles, in my back left pocket he grabed them . He continued to search me. Then he asked if I had any large amounts of money or drugs in the car. I told him, no! (TRUTH) Then he ASKED if he could search the car and I said yes, To no surprise ,at least not for me.. he found nothing. Then I was cited for for carrying a concealed weapons. Then he pulled out a piece of paper and asked me to sign it. He said it was concent to search the car. I do not beleaive he said anything about the search he did on me,. So I signed the paper and went home. I'm not real sure why I told you all of this . what is the worst that can happen to me, and to know should I get a lawyer for the concealed weapons charge or did he have the right to search me and will it fly in court? Thanx
My email address is [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">