• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seattle Police say No to Serial Rape/Torture Doctor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StunnedSeattle

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Washington.
Folks, I attempted to file against a doctor here in Seattle, Washington. I have several witnesses including another doctor that worked with him, other victims and other medical professionals. He is a sick Chinese man that runs a clinic in Chinatown. He renders his victims helpless with Verced after torturing them (and I don't mean this esoterically but literally), then either rapes them himself or has others. The most recent attack, known to me is about 4 years ago, for which there is an eager witness. All witnesses have absolutely no criminal or even arrest record, no record of filing lawsuits. However, the Seattle Police told me (harshly , after a few false statements, such as claiming the drug I mentioned above is pronounced "Verce*t*" and is injected, not ingested, which is false, you may check with any physician, as I have with three, whom all stated that it is most certainly called Verced and that it's most common form is a syrup, often administered anally, which my witness physician also corroborated--not laughing though).
The Seattle Police claim the statute of Limitations is 3 years for rape (even serial rape), and for medical torture.
I am in shock, I can't believe this and, of course, this person has been doing this for over 10 years. I pointed out the the drug Verced renders the victims unable to recall the incident for usually 2 years, sometimes more, sometimes less, which is has been corroborated by all 3 physicians I spoke with.
If there is anyone that can offer any help or advice, I would be mighty grateful.

StunnedSeattle

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. The Medical Board, unfortunetely won't do much, they only meet every so often (maybe once/twice per year), apparently only review cased refered by HHS, which makes it even harder. Civil court would probably be a better option for any type of punishment, but Medical Board might take his license (which won't stop him.)

Thanks again for taking the time to read and respond, I think in most states you are absolutely correct, and that is part of the solution (or at least worth a try) here in Washington.

rmet4nzkx

Excuse me, but you don't understand how the medical board works. Nothing will happen if you don't file a formal complaint. How often the board meets has nothing to do with the administrative and enforcement departments.

StunnedSeattle

well, according to the board and DHHS, they don't report felonies, they leave that up to the victims. Let say, for arguments sake, that they *do* notify the police, file a felony complaint and pull his license. Since the most recent victim that we currently have is beyond 3 years, the police will do nothing more than "..keep their eye on him.." (this is verbatim, in their own words) since, according to them, it is beyond the statute of limitations. So the board pulls his license, but he will still practice, but not formally. We are talking about Chinatown. There are plenty of other doctors he has trained that will be willing to book the clients, then actually use him as though he was some faceless assistant. Of course, he will have plenty of Chinese people that will go to him regardless, and many that don't ask for his license number before using him. It's very informal in that area and although this isn't going to be perfect for him, it will do for his purposes.

You may be right, this may be the best we can do but it's a long way from a criminal prosecution and, as I said, won't stop him, only slow him, at best.

CdwJava

If it is true that there is a three year SOL for rape in WA, then it's not the police that are refusing to do anything - it is the law that FORBIDS them from doing anything. They can't change the law as it suits them.

- Carl

StunnedSeattle

well, that's a very naive view. The police, like anyone else, can be wrong, mistaken, unaware, unclear or even corrupt. Would you really accept such an answer and let such a serious serial felon go undeterred. In my experience, there is no such thing as "..there's nothing you can do..", or "..(fill in the blank) says so, therefore, why question."

Actually, I'm glad I'm not as easily swayed as you, my friend, because I just got the answer, which I would love to share with you, should you ever be in such a position, you won't have to submit to defeat quite so easily.

Here it is, in direct contradiction to what the police *previously* stated, but which they now agree with. There is something called the point or date of cognition. It is a law that supersedes statute of limitations and states that the clock doesn't start running until the person is actually aware, or remembers the crime. It was used in a rape case that involved a woman in a coma. Since, as the police concurred with me, Versed cases memory loss, typically for 2 years, the statute has been extended and as of this afternoon, the case is still viable with our current witness.

An attorney should never give up so easily, especially with so much at stake. I'm as amazed as anyone else. If I hadn't happened to have spoken with a great law professor, here in Seattle, we would have never found out about this.

Shay-Pari'e

StunnedSeattle said:
well, that's a very naive view. No it's not, Java was stating the law, not his view.

The police, like anyone else, can be wrong, mistaken, unaware, unclear or even corrupt. Would you really accept such an answer and let such a serious serial felon go undeterred. In my experience, there is no such thing as "..there's nothing you can do..", or "..(fill in the blank) says so, therefore, why question."Well honey, if there is a law dictating the statutes of limitations, then you are out of luck with your opinion, as Java so gracefully told you.

Actually, I'm glad I'm not as easily swayed as you, my friend, because I just got the answer, which I would love to share with you, should you ever be in such a position, you won't have to submit to defeat quite so easily.

Also, VERCED is typically an injection. It can be used as a syrup, but not often.
Here it is, in direct contradiction to what the police *previously* stated, but which they now agree with. There is something called the point or date of cognition. It is a law that supersedes statute of limitations and states that the clock doesn't start running until the person is actually aware, or remembers the crime. It was used in a rape case that involved a woman in a coma. Since, as the police concurred with me, Versed cases memory loss, typically for 2 years, the statute has been extended and as of this afternoon, the case is still viable with our current witness.You are fetching and you are not telling the truth. The rape was known, acknowledged, at that moment. SHE DIDN"T WAKE UP TODAY AND DECIDED SHE WAS RAPED.

This defense will not work.

An attorney should never give up so easily, especially with so much at stake. I'm as amazed as anyone else. If I hadn't happened to have spoken with a great law professor, here in Seattle, we would have never found out about this.
Good Luck. :rolleyes:

One last thing, here is a statement from your post.

(QUOTE)"Verced and that it's most common form is a syrup, often administered anally,"(QUOTE)

So what exactly was she seeing the chinese doctor for? I think I would notice some anal intrusion if Donald Duck was doing it.

Last edited:

StunnedSeattle

well, that's a very naive view. No it's not, Java was stating the law, not his view.

umm..it's not the law, the law in Washington, as I stated, includes exceptions to the statute of limitations, which is the point he was referring to. SPD now agrees with this.

"Well honey, if there is a law dictating the statutes of limitations, then you are out of luck with your opinion, as Java so gracefully told you.

Actually, you are dead wrong. Not only has the SPD agreed with this, as of this afternoon, but this was presented by a professor of law, well known here in Seattle. The officer I spoke with even now recalls the case this was based on and agreed completely. Also, he elaborated on what the physicians had told him, which is that *full* memory recollection may take 2 years or longer. If you can find any doctor willing to dispute this, I would love to hear about it, with a name, but you won't, it's conventional wisdom which I've not heard argued anywhere other than here.

GENERIC NAME: MIDAZOLAM - ORAL SYRUP (mid-AZE-oh-lam)
BRAND NAME(S): Versed

Warning | Medication Uses | How To Use | Side Effects | Precautions | Drug Interactions | Overdose | Notes | Missed Dose | Storage

WARNING: Use of midazolam can infrequently cause severe breathing problems (e.g., very slow, shallow breaths) which could cause brain damage or be fatal if left untreated. Therefore, this drug must be used only under close medical supervision. Also, it should only be used in a hospital or office (medical or dental) which is able to closely monitor your lung and heart function, and then correctly treat you if you develop any breathing problems.

USES: This medication is used to relax and calm patients (generally children) before certain procedures, or before anesthesia for surgery. It also helps decrease memory of the event.

HOW TO USE: This medication is given by mouth as directed. The patient's breathing, heart rate and blood pressure should be monitored at the time of administration, throughout the procedure and during the recovery period. The dosage is based on the patient's medical condition and response to the medication. Flumazenil is a medication that may be used to reverse the sedative effect of this drug.

Also, VERCED is typically an injection. It can be used as a syrup, but not often.

Now you really are naive. When injected it is far more volatile and if you research the stuff at all you will find that mentioned everywhere. Does it occur to you that there is a reason for the oral form. In fact, this is what is usually used with children. You are the only one questioning the administration. If in an illegal context, it would be safer for a violator to use the oral, since, unless he is geared like an emergency room, he risks having a dead victim on his hands.

You are fetching and you are not telling the truth. The rape was known, acknowledged, at that moment. SHE DIDN"T WAKE UP TODAY AND DECIDED SHE WAS RAPED.

This defense will not work.

This was perhaps your most ignorant statement, and speaks worlds of your credibility. If you publicly accuse someone of lying, where I come from, you would want to state exactly where that lie occured. Actually, you are the liar and have a very low reading comprehension ability. Do you care to point out where I've stated that it was "she" that was raped, or that anyone knew this, as you say "..known and acknowledged, at the moment.." That was almost funny, you made that up all by yourself, again, a credibility issue. If you read my post, there are *several* witnesses and in a way, we've already won. Just the fact that the police will now investigate this is a major victory. We have eye witnesses, plus another doctor that worked with the guy and will testify, a signed statement of which I now have. Also, there are many (7 or more) other medical professionals that are going to testify. You truly don't understand the legal processes. I will guarantee there will be a prosecution. That alone is a major feat. One never knows what will happen at trial, only fools make bold speculative statements like "you will lose". Although I can guarantee a prosecution, I have no idea the outcome at trial.

So what exactly was she seeing the chinese doctor for? I think I would notice some anal intrusion if Donald Duck was doing it.

Here again, your comprehension problems are more serious than I first suspected. If you were able to absorb the relatively few lines I've written concerning this, it never was administered anally, but orally, as I stated. Also, if you check again you will see that I said he tortured people, they were *forced* to drink the stuff.

Here's something I don't normally say to strangers, but clearly you aren’t too bright, nor is your credibility and comprehension much to crow about. This is a high profile case and you (if you can read newspapers) will be hearing about it. I don't mean to be rude, and I appreciate that people have taken the time to address this but your statements are offensive, ignorant, diversionary. You are clearly not legal professionals, I have little doubt about that.

I don't want to seem harsh towards you but, again, if you challenge something as important as this, it would be nice if you had your facts straight, especially in light of the fact that it's spelled out in a post only a skip away.

I will wish you good luck and encourage you to get away from the TV and fast food. I don't mean to come here and start anything, believe me. I don't have the time nor the inclination to gabber with you about statements I would expect an 11 year old to better comprehend. Either way, I do feel you set the tone with some dramatically unqualified statements. Either way, keep your eyes open for this case, and get ready to eat your words (healthier than McDonalds, at least)..oh and keep your day job.
:p

rmet4nzkx

I answered you 2 times yesterday with the correct response, where it can be handled appropriately, all you want to do is argue for the sake of arguing and getting attention.

Report the doctor to the medical board and let them take it from there, they will investigate. The complaint can come from anyone, the SOL is not a factor there.

CdwJava

StunnedSeattle said:
well, that's a very naive view. The police, like anyone else, can be wrong, mistaken, unaware, unclear or even corrupt. Would you really accept such an answer and let such a serious serial felon go undeterred. In my experience, there is no such thing as "..there's nothing you can do..", or "..(fill in the blank) says so, therefore, why question."
Well, if they cannot prosecute for the crimes, what would you have them do? They are NOT private investigators. I do not know if the 3 year SOL is accurate or not. I only said that if the SOL is true, and all the events that have been told to the police are beyond that SOL, then the police would be on very thin ground investigating a non-criminal matter. They sure as heck wouldn't be able to get any subpoenas or warrants.

We're not in the business of being private investigators for the curious.

Hire counsel to give some advice and direction - and to intercede with the police if need be. The story can even be brought to the DA or to the media. But the police are not in the business of investigating acts that they cannot possibly bring charges for.

Since, as the police concurred with me, Versed cases memory loss, typically for 2 years, the statute has been extended and as of this afternoon, the case is still viable with our current witness.
Yes, I am aware of how the SOL works. I'm glad it may work out.

An attorney should never give up so easily, especially with so much at stake.
I'm not an attorney. And I didn't "give up".

If you actually READ what I wrote, it was this:

"If it is true that there is a three year SOL for rape in WA, then it's not the police that are refusing to do anything - it is the law that FORBIDS them from doing anything. They can't change the law as it suits them."

And it is still true. If the crimes were beyond the SOL then the police could NOT do anything. I never said one word about not trying other avenues.

- Carl

StunnedSeattle

and I have thanked you, and even agreed with you. However, I did point to the limitations of that approach, in this case. My goal is to get the guy off the street for good, he is outright dangerous to society and the community. Your advice was absolutely correct, given the previous circumstance which, in less than 24hrs, changed to that which I was desperately seeking, a real solution. However, I have conceded that yours was good advice, since, as you say, the SOL isn't an issue with the Medical board. I guess I have you at a disadvantage, you can't possible know how sick and dangerous this guy is, so your advice is geared to a more mainstream issue--as it should be.

I'm here to tell you, something our parents always said could be wrong, there *is* such a thing as monsters. Simply pulling the credential isn't enough when dealing with, perhaps, the most deviant individual I've ever come across.

You folks also ask a good question ("my involvement"). It is a fair and reasonable question, one that deserves an answer. Unfortunately, not one I can really honor at this moment, because of the consequence to others. But I will answer your question before this is all over. Soon you may have the answer to that and so much more, and it won't be me that will need to tell you.

I assure you one thing. Not for a second am I interested in "getting attention", except that which will help in this struggle. I guess that's what pissed me off about the previous post. If someone, anyone comes to me and states some desperate struggle to stop something awful, or help the community, never would I relay such ugly and unhelpful observations as "you will lose", and especially "you are a liar". All I would say, if I had no honest help to volunteer is "I'm so sorry I can't help you with this, I can only pray for you and hope you get the justice you seek", "never give up a righteous battle because that is the measure of loss, as long as you care, you are winning." Assume for just one second that everything I've stated in these posts is true, which it is. Even if you are unsure, wouldn't some of you be worried that you would be discouraging someone from such a quest? I find myself hearing that famous quote from the previous century.

"..if you continue in the direction you are going, you will wind up where you are headed.."

rmet4nzkx

Make your complaint to the medical, anything their investigation uncovers will be appropriately referred, that is the only way to get justice at this point in addition to pulling his license. Put your energy there, not here. Believe it or not writing a good complaint is hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">