• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seeing a 15 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RockNAHardPlace

What is the name of your state?i live in Texas. i am 18 and i am a female, i have been seeing this girl who is 15 for about 5 months now. i am aware of the laws on homosexual behavior in texas, but we do not have sex. her mother completely disagrees with our relationship, has forbidden us not to hang out, and threatened to press charges on me. so we didn't for a while, but when she moved in with her father who doesn't mind, we continued to do so. now her mother is back in action and trying to proceed with pressing charges. what exactly can i get in trouble for if we do not have sex and i do not contribute to any delinquency (we do not drink or anything of the sort)?

E

ephidian

RockNAHardPlace said:
What is the name of your state?i live in Texas. i am 18 and i am a female, i have been seeing this girl who is 15 for about 5 months now. i am aware of the laws on homosexual behavior in texas, but we do not have sex. her mother completely disagrees with our relationship, has forbidden us not to hang out, and threatened to press charges on me. so we didn't for a while, but when she moved in with her father who doesn't mind, we continued to do so. now her mother is back in action and trying to proceed with pressing charges. what exactly can i get in trouble for if we do not have sex and i do not contribute to any delinquency (we do not drink or anything of the sort)?
If you guys arent having sex, or engaging in illegal activity then she probably wont really press charges, since theres not much she can do. But if she has custody of the 15 yr old she could make it very difficult or impossible for you two to see each other.

You Are Guilty

The same rules for straight folk apply here, so read any of the dozens of threads for the possible repercussions. And also look out for the "Girls Gone Wild 2" camera crew.

AHA

Since she is a minor, her parents can pretty much decide what they want their daughter NOT to do.
Since they don't want you two even hanging out, I would stay away if I was you.
Even if you're not having ANY kind of sexual contact and it would be hard for the parents to prove otherwise, it would be equally hard for you to prove the opposite, so for your own sake, stay away from her for now.

R

RockNAHardPlace

thank those of you who were helpful.. we have not seen each other since, but just one other question, is it okay for us to talk on the phone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">