• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking to prosecute for false report of a serious misdemeanor and counter sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpyle33

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was accused last March for domestic violence and sat in jail for 5 days over something I was later found not guilty of by a mudslide. The reason I was arrested even though there was no real evidence that I actually comitted the crime is because of Michigans ridiculous domestic violence law. Anytime a call of domestic violence is made by a spouse, or family member, the accused almost always, if not always ends up arrested and charged with domestic violence.

The so called victim had no marks on her, and also declined to be photographed. The so called victim also declined to make a written statement of the incident. She even had the nerve to tell the police that I gave her a bruise by kicking her even though it was later discovered by the police no such bruise existed. I think this explains why she declined to have the so called infliced area photographed by the police. We both had an arguement that night and she decided that she wanted me out of the house. I refused to leave the house so she figured she would do this to get me out, and it worked. She even admitted in court, and to the police that she wanted me out that night. If she had been a better liar, I would've received possible Jail time, and a guaranteed 10 Months strict probation.

At this point i'd rather not give details about the whole case, but i'd like to let you know that the so called victim was caught in many lies during the trial for the case. The Judge was very convinced that I was innocent of the crime because of this. I'd also like to add that the trial didn't last very long due to the overwhelming amount of evidence against her. The judge even commented when he summed up the whole case by stating that he thinks I was more credible and the so called victim wasn't as honest. She was also caught in a lie during contact with the police the night the incident occured. She was intoxicated on alcohol when this all happened. She is an alcoholic. All of this is recorded on tapes.

I'm wondering if I'd have a chance at counter prosecuting for this and ultimately counter suing her for personal damages such as stress, the potential of getting a much more severe penalty had she been a better liar, damaged reputation, and undeserved jail time. I don't have many financial resources, so i'd also appreciate it if you could give me some pointers on how to do this as cheaply as possible. I'd also like to know how to start the whole process. Thanks for your time.

B

bpyle33

I also forgot to ask a question.

Could anyone tell me what the statue of limitations on such a case is? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">