• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking "slander" advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emersonpoet

What is the name of your state? New York State (Southern)

in 1997 i accused an individual whom was the head of a "youth program" (military) of rape. He lived, and still lives in the state of New Jersey, while I lived and still live in the sate of New York. Because I stated that the rapes occured in two sates and two contries (New Jersey and Virginia, US and Canada) while under his suppervision, the FBI was involved as well as the DA from new jersey. He was questioned, as well as I and other members of the "youth program." I never testified in front of the grand jury, in fact, wanted no part of the "leagal Proceedings" at all and did what I could to remove myself from being forced or supenaed. I was 17 in 1997 and i stated that the rapes happened in 1995, during various trips and over the course of the year. The case never went anyware because ther was never any proven evidence. I stated that I was pregnant, had misscaried but refeussed to help either the DA or the FBI in "recovering" evidence.

Since 1997, this man no longer runs the division of that "youth program" and the unit was disbanned. I would like to write a book and PUBLISH IT UNDER MY REAL, LEAGAL NAME, detailing what I went through and how other survivors like me can help themselves heal, and how others can assist them in thier journey towards healing.

Can I do this if I do not directly mention the youth program, but state that is was military based, and if I never state the reall names of ANY PERSON FROM THE YOUTH GROUP other than MINE? CAN I USE THE REALL NAMES OF THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME? CAN I USED THE REAL DA AND FBI NAMES? I think that the statute of limitations has run out for criminal proceedings, but has it for civil proceedings? and if not, can another person (specifiacally parents or other family) start a civil suit on my behalf WITHOUT ME OR WITHOUT MY KNOWLDEGE AND OR HELP?

Who would I go to in my area to seek further slander information as it relates to the states of New York, New Jersey, Virginia.

I would greatly appreciate any advise-Please be honest but please be helpful

Last edited:

HomeGuru

emersonpoet said:
What is the name of your state? New York State (Southern)

in 1997 i accused an individual whom was the head of a "youth program" (military) of rape. He lived, and still lives in the state of New Jersey, while I lived and still live in the sate of New York. Because I stated that the rapes occured in two sates and two contries (New Jersey and Virginia, US and Canada) while under his suppervision, the FBI was involved as well as the DA from new jersey. He was questioned, as well as I and other members of the "youth program." I never testified in front of the grand jury, in fact, wanted no part of the "leagal Proceedings" at all and did what I could to remove myself from being forced or supenaed. I was 17 in 1997 and i stated that the rapes happened in 1995, during various trips and over the course of the year. The case never went anyware because ther was never any proven evidence. I stated that I was pregnant, had misscaried but refeussed to help either the DA or the FBI in "recovering" evidence.

Since 1997, this man no longer runs the division of that "youth program" and the unit was disbanned. I would like to write a book and PUBLISH IT UNDER MY REAL, LEAGAL NAME, detailing what I went through and how other survivors like me can help themselves heal, and how others can assist them in thier journey towards healing.

Can I do this if I do not directly mention the youth program, but state that is was military based, and if I never state the reall names of ANY PERSON FROM THE YOUTH GROUP other than MINE? CAN I USE THE REALL NAMES OF THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME? CAN I USED THE REAL DA AND FBI NAMES? I think that the statute of limitations has run out for criminal proceedings, but has it for civil proceedings? and if not, can another person (specifiacally parents or other family) start a civil suit on my behalf WITHOUT ME OR WITHOUT MY KNOWLDEGE AND OR HELP?

Who would I go to in my area to seek further slander information as it relates to the states of New York, New Jersey, Virginia.

I would greatly appreciate any advise-Please be honest but please be helpful
**A: do you have copies of all the court-stamped filings?

E

emersonpoet

HELP!

FBI AND DA's office will not give- since there was no trial and it never went to grand jury i only know what I SAID, other than he denied and other persons from our division were accused by other females?

How would i go about getting other than calling FBI and DA?

I just don't want this "person" to turn around and sue ME.

i'm also concered because journals that I wrote in 1997 were confiscated and returned to me. but i have no idea who saw that writing and where it went, if copies were made ECT.

But it's important to me to use real name, and not "fictionalize" my story in order to get it in print.

HomeGuru

Re: ??????

emersonpoet said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN STAMPED?
**A: read the red words at the top of the page. Since you can not follow posting instructions, I am no longer interested in advising you.

E

emersonpoet

tell me how to get stamped copies and explain what they will do to HELP me

E

emersonpoet

That is not a good enough reason to NOT write the book-

being sued by the man who raped me?

There has to be another way, that's why I'm here and I hope that someone might have an answer, or at least a place to start.

HomeGuru

emersonpoet said:
tell me how to get stamped copies and explain what they will do to HELP me
**A: in order to request court filed and stamped copies of pleadings, you need to know the venue or court that the litigation occurred in. Please state this information as there are many courts in S. New York.

E

emersonpoet

bergen county, new jersey took the depositions

fbi was out of new york

i never 'testified' in new york, only for bergen couty da in new jersey which, i believe is the northern most county in new jersey on the new york/ new jersey state line.

HomeGuru

emersonpoet said:
bergen county, new jersey took the depositions

fbi was out of new york

i never 'testified' in new york, only for bergen couty da in new jersey which, i believe is the northern most county in new jersey on the new york/ new jersey state line.
**A: in that case, I can't help you then.

E

emersonpoet

sry,

when i spoke to the fbi, i did so at a private home of a relatives in rockland county and in orange county as well, but i never went to an office per say to speak with them

E

emersonpoet

why can't you help me because the depositions were taken in new jersey?

i'm sory but i do not follow why that should make a difference.

H

hexeliebe

Because the only defense to Slander is the truth. And because you have no documented "TRUTH" such as the paperwork that has been suggested you obtain, you have no defense.

HomeGuru

emersonpoet said:
why can't you help me because the depositions were taken in new jersey?

i'm sory but i do not follow why that should make a difference.
**A: I did not state that I could not help you because the depo's were taken in NJ. There is another reason. Now I want you to think long and hard as to the specifc reason. Then post back with your answer only after you have completed your diligent research and soul searching.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">